XXW4000 Wheel motor removal?

DeSotoDixieChopper

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked already. I searched but didn't see an answer. I have an XXW4000 built in the year 2000. On the bottom of the wheel motors is a 90 degree fitting. Some one (probably me) replaced the bottom of the four socket head cap screws with one that was too long and it bent that 90 degree fitting. Now it leaks hydraulic oil.

I need to replace the fitting but can't figure out how to remove it. It's too long to just unscrew and I can't figure out how else other than removing the wheel motor itself. So, how do you do that? Do you have to remove the four bolts on the inside of the wheel motor to take it apart? How else do you remove one of those wheel motors? It seems that with the 90 degree fitting attached, you aren't getting the wheel motor out. Please help!

Thanks!

DeSoto

DeSotoDixieChopper

Forum Newbie
Threads
Attached is a picture of the 90 degree fitting that I can't figure out how to remove. Even if you remove that lower retaining bolt from the wheel motor, there still isn't enough room to rotate that fitting and unscrew it. What am I missing? How in the heck would you remove or replace one of these wheel motors? 90Fitting.jpeg

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take the hose off heat it with a blow dryer and it will come off easier. Then screw the brass fitting out of the 90 degree fitting. Take the bolt out behind the fitting then you can screw the 90 degree fitting out. The bottom and top bolt has a square washer part no. W-138 next to the bolt head. If washer is not there that would be the reason the fitting is broken. BOLT-3/8-24X1-1/4 SHCS FT ALLOY STEEL, BLACK OXIDE. with an all metal lock nut with no washer next to nut.