XT1 LT42E contactor

LT42e-me

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just joined the forum. I have a couple of LT42E. I thought this was interesting.
I had to replace the control board in the contactor on one, repaired one in the other. Replacing one is fairly easy.
I reassembled and installed in the tractor, connected everything. I plugged in the key expecting normal ops.
After a couple seconds I get code E125. I could not find this any where. I expected it to be the bms or vcm. So I spent some time on hold with CC.
I was told it was the contactor pre-charge circuit. The contactor was making before the pre-charge. I thought I may have welded the contactor with a non-conventional charger.
I noticed that the contact thump did not sound the same.
So I took the contactor back out and checked it on a battery, it was making and breaking normally. I reinstalled. I got the same code.
Although it set the code when the key is inserted, I found that if I remove the key and reinsert within a second it clears the code and proceeds with the ready state.
Go on with normal start and mow. I guess the pre-charge happens and holds the charge long enough to satisfy the controller when the key is inserted for sequence start.
This may be a quirk of the control board I got.
If you get the E125 code try removing and reinserting the key!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First let me say that contactor is another term for a relay to me just like the remote starter solenoids are relays. Different industries have their own terms for components which adds a little confusion to things.

With that said it does sounds like CC will need to do an update on the circuit to improve the design to allow a longer time delay. Either that or your replaced a time delay relay with a non time delay relay. I ran across problem like this years ago that a simple RC circuit addition to took care of the problem but without access to the circuit schematic of the control board it is very hard to know what they have designed in he first place.

Either way that is a nice work around for a problem.