Xmark 72in deck HELP

twoskinny

Forum Newbie
Threads
We have 4 xmark's
1- 2001, 2- 2010, 1-2019.
All have 72 in mowing decks. My issue is on the 2019 we keep breaking a pully bolt on the stationary pully (pully idler, flat) on the right side of the mower deck as you are sitting in the seat. None of the older mowers are having this issue. We replaced the bolt twice, with in two days. Down for parts then the pully and new bolt end of seaon. And now it broke again, second mow of the season. Any HELP would be much appreciated

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go for a higher tensile bolt
Wack a grade 9 in there and see if it helps .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Um something obviously is causing a bolt to shear. I would investigate why first prior to say installing a bigger fuse in the electrical world. Maybe you got a run of bad bolts? Never heard of that one yet.

lil SIG

Threads
Um something obviously is causing a bolt to shear. I would investigate why first prior to say installing a bigger fuse in the electrical world. Maybe you got a run of bad bolts? Never heard of that one yet.
Agreed one bolt, hummm. Multiple bolts, NOPE. There is an undo amount of stress on the bolt. That means there is more stress on the system. Something is out of spec, and it shouldn't be a in production bolt.

Remove your belts and start spinning things by hand and look for bent out of alignment brackets.

boatmoter

Threads
We have 4 xmark's
1- 2001, 2- 2010, 1-2019.
All have 72 in mowing decks. My issue is on the 2019 we keep breaking a pully bolt on the stationary pully (pully idler, flat) on the right side of the mower deck as you are sitting in the seat. None of the older mowers are having this issue. We replaced the bolt twice, with in two days. Down for parts then the pully and new bolt end of seaon. And now it broke again, second mow of the season. Any HELP would be much appreciated
if it were mine I would put like a grade #5 bolt in it,hardened

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Agreed one bolt, hummm. Multiple bolts, NOPE. There is an undo amount of stress on the bolt. That means there is more stress on the system. Something is out of spec, and it shouldn't be a in production bolt.

Remove your belts and start spinning things by hand and look for bent out of alignment brackets.
Unbalanced blades. People using high speed grinders trying to sharpen blades up.