X300 getting nothing from key turn

Afortier

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have an X300 that would just click when I pulled it out for the spring. Thought it was a solenoid issue after a new battery was replaced because I was able to get it to turn over after jumping the solenoid with a screwdriver. While waiting for the new one I did a home tuneup with plugs, filters and oil. Now with new selonoid (and even tried with old one) no click at all. Hours don't even show up when key turned. Tried screwdriver trick again and it wants to start but never does. Checked all wires and fuses and all seems fine. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get the JD tech manual for your mower
Will turn you into an over night JD Guru .
bad grounds will cause your symptoms along with an extensive list of others

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
X300 that would just click when I pulled it out for the spring
Battery, starter solenoid, cables, GROUNDS and such.

Thought it was a solenoid issue after a new battery was replaced
Was this "new" battery load tested?

Now with new selonoid (and even tried with old one) no click at all.
Dirty or loose connections. Need to test this "new" solenoid. All these new parts require testing. New isn't new these days.

Tried screwdriver trick again and it wants to start but never does
Is the engine cranking as in turning over but not firing? What it sounds like. So now it cranks but no start.
Checked all wires and fuses and all seems fine
Explain on how you checked all wires and all is great. Obviously you missed something. Hours don't show up remember?

Try removing the air filter. Spray some WD-40 or carb cleaner (something flamable) into the carb. Crank the engine over. If it starts and runs a few seconds then dies, you have a carb slash fuel delivery issue.