X 300 won't shut off!

hottub

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a used x300 with 280 hrs on it and now it decides to intermittently stay running while the ignition is turned to STOP? I also noticed some fuel coming out of carb? Don't have a manual and every search I do is related to it not starting instead of not stopping lol! pulling my hair out as I've disconnected and reconnected pretty much every wire there is and it keeps running!!!! I either close the choke and cover carb intake or remove spark plug wires to shut it down/ Can someone please give me a direction to work on as the only wiring diagram I downloaded was the wrong one. Please help

D

Deleted member 97405

Make sure the keyswitch is applying a connection to ground for the kill wire for the ignition coils. I had one where a mouse chewed the kill wires off the coils and the keyswitch could no longer turn the coils off. Your situation is a little weird in the sense that the engine doesn't turn off because even if the key isn't shutting the coils off, it still should close the fuel shutoff solenoid on the carb. This will usually shut the engine down after about 5 seconds. Good luck.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A bad ground contact on the key switch will also cause this to happen
and as Will already mentioned the carb solenoid is either faulty or has been butchered
On top of this the carb float is not sealing so the carb needs to come off & be cleaned if not rebuilt.
JD ownerss have no excuse for not having a repair manual
JD make the best workshp manual by a country mile worth every cent they ask for it and then some
Can be bought direct from JD as a download or as a CD or Paper from a dealer although the later is very expensive .