Worried Issue this morning.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
they get dirt and debris in them, also the plastic hinge gets goofy. Used to fix or replace them by the hundreds at my last job. No one uses corded mice and keyboards much any more except in emergencies.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
they get dirt and debris in them, also the plastic hinge gets goofy. Used to fix or replace them by the hundreds at my last job. No one uses corded mice and keyboards much any more except in emergencies.
Really ?
No new computers ship with a corded keyboard & mouse but that does not mean no one uses them
I for one have 4 computers all with corded keyboards and corded trackballs
My other half has a tower computer with a corded keyboard
Cordless keyboards were a cost saving idea because they are a lot cheaper to make
They also cause a lot more problems
The original corded keyboard on my 1997 Mac Qudra is still working perfectly
I use it daily as Best Books is on that computer & Symantic Great Works & Word Perfect .
I use these daily because despite being run by an old Motorola 040 processor it can still word process faster than I can type and I really don't need all that fancy graphics when writing a letter .
This last year I have had to get a newer I mac because changes to security protocols means that the old computers can not connect to a lot of servers any more .
most people use less than 10% of the capacity of their phones and even less of their computers unless playing high end games with a lot of complex graphics.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then I am a no one. Batteries here is always die at the most inopportune time.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Always had a mouse at work, so, for a longtime, used a trackball at home. Sorta divide the repetitive motion between two evils. (plus, a hobby program. GemCad, worked better with the t'ball)

Got tired of the wire though since retired. Got a wireless Logitech Trackman. so nice.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Then I am a no one. Batteries here is always die at the most inopportune time.
Exactly
Then you need he battery to go on line & order a new battery
There was a song about this wasn't there, some thing about a bucket with a hole in it .
Then there is interfearnce from other bluetooth devices and of course the bluetooth transmitter / reciever in the computer
All my computers have multiple USB ports & I have a couple of USB / ethernet 2-way adapters I use for the printers that are not wired for ethernet .