woodruff key 25x18, are they all the same?

edgey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need key number 13331 357 000 for 1984 Honda g300. price is wide between 4 to 35 dollars for these. In parts diagram after specific item number it is listed as 25x18 also. Are all keys 25x18 the same or do I have to get exact item?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well you got two of three specs so you need get the Honda as it is list as a special wood ruff key.

edgey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks star tech.
I had found others that that were listed as 25x18 but had different parts number. I don't know if the 25x18 is mm? I'll get the right one and couple spares for the future. No messing with the timing that way.
Thanks again. edgey

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Brass, steel , hardened steel , zinc

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
some keys are designed to shear if something stops too fast so the key is damaged, and hopefully not other parts. Other keys are designed to last thru anything. There are several dimensions to a key as well as the alloys Bert mentioned. There are also straight keys. Often the terms are used interchangeably even though they are not. Need everything to align with the original if you want to be safe. You can see some differences here: https://www.mcmaster.com/keys/key-type~woodruff/

Gord Baker

Threads
some keys are designed to shear if something stops too fast so the key is damaged, and hopefully not other parts. Other keys are designed to last thru anything. There are several dimensions to a key as well as the alloys Bert mentioned. There are also straight keys. Often the terms are used interchangeably even though they are not. Need everything to align with the original if you want to be safe. You can see some differences here: https://www.mcmaster.com/keys/key-type~woodruff/
Great reference site. Thanks.