Won't go into gear

pappy0352

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Poulan XT 42" cut. If I jack the tractor up it will go into all gears working fine. When I take it off the jack and put it in gear nothing happens.Linkage is working but it just won't go into gear.
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Scott

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Won't happen to have any the tires off recently. possibly lost one of the square keys out of the tire/axle hole when reinstalling.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you push the mower when the wheels are on the ground ?
Do the wheels spin in the same direction when off the ground ?
If either happen chances are the brake is stuck on .

pappy0352

Forum Newbie
Threads
Won't happen to have any the tires off recently. possibly lost one of the square keys out of the tire/axle hole when reinstalling.
Yes I had the one rear tire off. Where is the key located? I'm no mechanic so I'm not sure what I'm looking for>
Scott

pappy0352

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you push the mower when the wheels are on the ground ?
Do the wheels spin in the same direction when off the ground ?
If either happen chances are the brake is stuck on .
Yes I can push it and when jacked up the tires both move in the same direction.

pappy0352

Forum Newbie
Threads

Yes I had the one rear tire off. Where is the key located? I'm no mechanic so I'm not sure what I'm looking for>
Scott
Is this the key your talking about

416tfy3iiBL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

pappy0352

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks so much. I found the clip and now the tractor is running fine.

pappy0352

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm back up and running.
Scott