Won’t turn over

Davidcrouch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model # 13WN77KS011 won’t turn over but I do hear an electrical connection when turning the key. I started tractor, went about 5 feet and it shut off. Checked/replaced fuse behind battery but couldn’t find any other fuses.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
See troubleshooting section in operators manual. Click on Manuals then #6 download from top. Remove battery from tractor & take to local auto parts store & ask them politely to load test battery, should be of no cost to you. Let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark

see page 26 in operators manual above for your 2012 tractor, troubleshooting chart.

Last edited:

Davidcrouch

Forum Newbie
Threads
There’s nothing about not turning over and the only fuse I see in the electrical schematic isn’t blown.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pull the trigger wire off the solenoid and check it for battery voltage with the controls set for starting and the key in the start position.
If you have battery voltage on that wire, then either the ground on the solenoid is bad or the solenoid itself is bad.
If not there then the cranking circuit is not functioning
So one of the switches or the wiring between them is duff.
The link previously posted should have a parts manual download some where
Download it and at the rear is the wiring diagram
From the diagram you will see power to the starting solenoid goes from the B terminal through the brake switch through the PTO switch then to the solenoid

Davidcrouch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Pull the trigger wire off the solenoid and check it for battery voltage with the controls set for starting and the key in the start position.
If you have battery voltage on that wire, then either the ground on the solenoid is bad or the solenoid itself is bad.
If not there then the cranking circuit is not functioning
So one of the switches or the wiring between them is duff.
The link previously posted should have a parts manual download some where
Download it and at the rear is the wiring diagram
From the diagram you will see power to the starting solenoid goes from the B terminal through the brake switch through the PTO switch then to the solenoid
Thanks