wired tach to tractor motor

JAYJAY

Threads
hi there

Does anymore had wired a tach to a lawnmower tractor?
I bought one from a ski doo and it only have 2 wire for the signal and 2 wire for the light.
here's a picture.
IF someone can help me
thank you

Attachments

• post-370201-0-57135100-1488516004.jpg
    post-370201-0-57135100-1488516004.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 13

dfbroxy

Threads
I do not know the answer but would like to. Im posting on this thread to keep it on the new threads list. This is the list that most of the answer guys check. Does your mower already have a old tach on it? If so it should be only adapting the wiring to new tach. If it doesnt then it might need some parts to go on the motor. Please post your tractor make and model for the experts to give you an informed answer.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
hi there

I bought one from a ski doo and it only have 2 wire for the signal and 2 wire for the light.
here's a picture.
IF someone can help me
thank you

That type of tach is for motorcycle type engines and is not compatible with a lawnmower engine. I suggest using a Tinytach or such.

Pumper54

Threads
hi there

here's a picture.
IF someone can help me
thank you

Lot of folks wire a small tach to their mowers and they use the kind that has the induction wire that wraps around a plug wire. Your picture is not really clear on make and model of tach and also we would need to know just what mower you want to add it to as many mowers are wired differently. More information get better answers faster. Good luck with this.
Tom

JAYJAY

Threads
I do not know the answer but would like to. Im posting on this thread to keep it on the new threads list. This is the list that most of the answer guys check. Does your mower already have a old tach on it? If so it should be only adapting the wiring to new tach. If it doesnt then it might need some parts to go on the motor. Please post your tractor make and model for the experts to give you an informed answer.

I finally find how the green goes on the killswith and the yellow on the light wire that comes from the flywheel. But it read 6000 rpm so I don't know why

JAYJAY

Threads
That type of tach is for motorcycle type engines and is not compatible with a lawnmower engine. I suggest using a Tinytach or such.

It comes from a skidoo it work but reading 6000 rpm instead of 3000

JAYJAY

Threads
Lot of folks wire a small tach to their mowers and they use the kind that has the induction wire that wraps around a plug wire. Your picture is not really clear on make and model of tach and also we would need to know just what mower you want to add it to as many mowers are wired differently. More information get better answers faster. Good luck with this.
Tom

The tach comes from a ski doo the motor that I have is a tecumseh 17.5h hp 1 cylinder. It work but read 6000 rpm

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That means nothing .
The Tecumseh could have used battery ignition or magneto ignition.
If it used battery then the tach will not work with your magneto engine.

Next step is to get a copy of the ski-do wiring diagram because the tach will wire up the same regardless of what it is fitted to.

JAYJAY

Threads
That means nothing .
The Tecumseh could have used battery ignition or magneto ignition.
If it used battery then the tach will not work with your magneto engine.

Next step is to get a copy of the ski-do wiring diagram because the tach will wire up the same regardless of what it is fitted to.

I do have the wiring diagram from the ski doo.
So is there something that I can do to make it work correctly

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post the diagram so we can have a look at it