Winter Weather

Honey

Threads
Has anyone had a brush with old man winter yet? We are boasting nice green grass still. I am wondering if we aren't going to have to mow again soon.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
In my part of the Deep South, we've had lots of cold weather in the last two weeks. While we haven't had any snow accumulation, the weather is distinctly winter.

The grass doesn't stop growing completely in the winter, it just slows down a lot.

Driller

Threads
Outside of just having a colder house and needing to wear nice warm woollys, not really. It seems odd that this far into December things have been relatively calm.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Outside of just having a colder house and needing to wear nice warm woollys, not really. It seems odd that this far into December things have been relatively calm.

Mid Michigan got seven to nine inches on the flat recently, with drifts up to three feet deep. It's really pretty compared to the bare ground.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have had lows in the twenty's all week....It's been brutal:eek:

grnspot110

Threads
We haven't had but around an inch of snow, but it's been cold & windy a lot! Down around 0 F one night, better today, high around freezing. ~~ grnspot110

Driller

Threads
You guys are giving me chills just reading about those low temps! We get snow a couple of hours from where I live but it just rarely ever gets here. I'm sure we'll have some freezing days but nothing like what you guys are talking about.

indypower

Threads
The only snow here so far is a dusting, just enough to whiten the grass for a day. Now the temps are dropping to seasonal norms highs in the mid 20's. Lakes are not yet frozen. The day after Christmas, I normally can snowmobile across the lake next to me. It hasn't even thought about freezing over yet.

Honey

Threads
As I sit here and type this lots of snow is falling and it is accumulating fast, that will teach me to boast about good weather.

AndyMan

Threads
We have not seen grass since early December, and won't see it again until March or April. We did have a sunny day today, so it thinned to around 6-8".