Winter Use Only?? Help....

electricthot

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased a new Husqvarna ST224 snowblower engine that turns out is designed for winter use only. Can the cooling system be enhanced to let me operate this engine year round?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most Winter engines uses heat ducting from the exhaust to keep the carburetor from icing over so first that would need to blocked off for Summer use. Second many Winter engines don't have air filters which an air cleaner system would need to be added so dirty Summer air can filtered. Just items that I know of from reading about Winter engines

electricthot

Forum Newbie
Threads
Most Winter engines uses heat ducting from the exhaust to keep the carburetor from icing over so first that would need to blocked off for Summer use. Second many Winter engines don't have air filters which an air cleaner system would need to be added so dirty Summer air can filtered. Just items that I know of from reading about Winter engines
Thanks. That's basically the same advice I got from a Husqvarna expert. Plus run 10W30 oil in it. I was thinking the entire cooling capacity might be less due to cold weather use.