Will not click or turn over

rinse

Threads
I believe I have a Kawasaki FD731V. Recently my wife was driving the mower and it just died in the middle of the yard. It has fuel and good battery but, when I inspected the fuses, the 20A fuse for the charging system was practically melted. I removed the fuse and cleaned the terminals but now the mower will not even click the starter solenoid. I tested all the safety switches to make sure that was not the issue and it isn’t. Any ideas?

txmowman

Threads
You have corrosion or a loose connection that has caused the melting. The charging and starting should be separate circuits. Got other issues in the wiring likely.

Last edited:

txmowman

Threads
What mower is it on? Check the 6 pin connector where the engine connects to the mower , for loose wires or corrosion.

rinse

Threads
Just checked grounds and voltage on the key switch. I was getting 12.65 volts at all positions on the switch required to start the engine, still not engaging the starter solenoid. Is there an east way to test the safety switches or could the time delay module have gone bad and caused the issue?

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
is the 12.65 with the key turned to start?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is the seven digit model number on the serial number tag?