Why is the Briggs and Stratton engine on the Toro Timemaster so dependable and easy starting?

countrydoctor

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Why is the Briggs and Stratton engine on the Toro Timemaster so dependable and easy starting?
I am new to posting on the forum, but have followed it often and wanted to ask this question for a while, because many of you have alot of experience and knowledge about the various engines used on equipment.

I am 76 years old and have used power mowers since I was 10 years old as well as many landscaping tools . Until I bought my Toro Timemaster 6 years ago, I have NEVER had an engine that consistently started in ONE pull and even after running the engine dry for the winter storage it only takes 2-3 pulls to fire up. My Toro Timemaster 30" deck Just keeps on truckin with minimal maintenance and regular gas except end of the season when a stabilizer and little treatment go in for the last run to dry. Why can't other engines have these characteristics without constant maintenance. There must be a reason, because I am not alone in this experience. It is the easiest, most dependable engine on equipment I have ever owned--Is there an explanation of how they do it--and why don't other B&S engines work as well?
Thanks for any input