Who Builds John Deere.

Republic76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Shopping for a Deere mower probably a 130. Where are they built?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They build their own ride ons
Some of the sub compacts are rebadged Yanmars in some sort of recriprocal arangement.
Murray used to make the push mowers and some Sabres

kbowley

Forum Newbie
Threads
Their walk behind snowblowers are manufactured by Ariens'.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do they still only have a 2 year warranty ?

D

Deleted member 97405

ALL John Deere riding mowers from 1963 to current day have been built by Deere.
*They do use some components from other manufacturers, such as Tuff Torq transmissions, Briggs, Kawasaki, Kohler engines...but all of them are built in John Deere factories.
There is some misinformation out on the web about MTD and maybe someone else building them. NOPE. Deere builds them.
**They even, secretly, built a tractor for Honda that was based on the LX platform. (Google, Honda HA4118 or HA4120) The tractor and mower deck are Deere, but the hood and engine are Honda.

Back in the day, Deere did use some other manufacturers to build their walk behind products (Murray, Ariens, and possibly even Noma).

Compact tractors are assembled in the factory in Augusta, GA.
Back in the day, there were some Yanmar tractors that were branded John Deere, but all current compact tractors are Deere built in Deere factories using Yanmar diesel engines.

I've worked at a Deere dealership for 23 years, hope this helps!

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is a JD plant and a small MTD fabricating plant in Greenville Tennessee. Some internet scholars put 2 and 2 together and got 5. They are completely different companies and plants but someone on the internet said they were the same assembly plant and the rest is internet history.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
ALL John Deere riding mowers from 1963 to current day have been built by Deere.
*They do use some components from other manufacturers, such as Tuff Torq transmissions, Briggs, Kawasaki, Kohler engines...but all of them are built in John Deere factories.
There is some misinformation out on the web about MTD and maybe someone else building them. NOPE. Deere builds them.
**They even, secretly, built a tractor for Honda that was based on the LX platform. (Google, Honda HA4118 or HA4120) The tractor and mower deck are Deere, but the hood and engine are Honda.

Back in the day, Deere did use some other manufacturers to build their walk behind products (Murray, Ariens, and possibly even Noma).

Compact tractors are assembled in the factory in Augusta, GA.
Back in the day, there were some Yanmar tractors that were branded John Deere, but all current compact tractors are Deere built in Deere factories using Yanmar diesel engines.

I've worked at a Deere dealership for 23 years, hope this helps!
Thanks Will
I have 2 of the JD Built Hondas (HA4120's) in my service run
Their ID tag actually says "built for Honda by JD " so not so secret.
One customer died a couple of months back so I expect that mower will be gone
Also got 2 rebadged Yanmars 435's but they are really sub compact tractors not lawnmowers although both do have belly mounted mowers
I had a customer bought a property which included a nice blue Yanmar and we quickly realized it was all JD so now it is blue green & yellow .

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
There is a JD plant and a small MTD fabricating plant in Greenville Tennessee. Some internet scholars put 2 and 2 together and got 5. They are completely different companies and plants but someone on the internet said they were the same assembly plant and the rest is internet history.
My srx75 says it was built in
Greenville....
Illinois, not Tennessee

Last edited: