Which ZTR rides better BAD BOY Rogue or Ferris 3200?

PORKIE

Threads
  • / Which ZTR rides better BAD BOY Rogue or Ferris 3200?
I have a bad back so I am interested in 'hearing' opinions about which ZTR will give the better ride on the 7 acres of residential, pockmarked, Battlefield Fescue grass I mow every week??

Thanks!

Sam:)

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That would depend on if a Ferris or Bad Boy owner responds. My suggestion is to go to each dealer and test drive each one, plus try out a Toro unit with the MyRide system.

BigBlueEdge

Threads
I have a Rogue. The suspension is definitely useful. I've mowed for ages on a Deere garden tractor (formerly a 345, in recent years a x758) and the Rogue is notably smoother. I can't compare it to any other zero-turn though. My 7 acres that I mow has a fair amount of roughness to it and the difference is noticeable. However, with a suspension comes trade-offs such as the deck 'digging in' (semi-scalping) in places where you go over bumps and the suspension flexes.

As suggested above, see if you can demo the models you're considering. Some dealers will even let you bring them home and try on your own property.

Rob

Ron3

Threads
Like Rivets said, it depends who answers the post and what they own. I doubt you would go wrong with either badboy or Ferris but since I own a badboy it would get my vote. Lol

Mower King

Threads
We sell both, Bad Boy and Ferris...among others but, the 3200 Ferris has a softer, smoother ride than the Rogue!

PORKIE

Threads
Thank you KING. I really appreciate an honest and quick response!

I live in Southwest Missouri 64836 and if you sell both brands, I may give you some business! Where are you--etc etc?

Sam

wheeleta

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Hustler X-One with the suspension seat option. Well worth the extra money. That may be available on other brands too.

eldowdy

Threads
If you want to stay with a zero turn. I would suggest a commercial version with a suspension seat.

PORKIE

Threads
My 2017 60 inch, BIG DOG (Hustler) Diablo MP has a full suspension seat and it does help but I'm sure front and rear suspension with a suspension seat would be better on the ol' Spine. :) Both of my ZTR's are Commercial units.

ec121

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 48" Bad Boy on 1.5ac. It is a little small for 7ac., and it rides rough. No suspension except my seat cushion. Because it has a short wheelbase, I notice it really hits me more with the seat back than the upward bounce. I would say go as big as you can afford in order to get a model with a suspension seat.