Which Stihl Products (Weed Trimmers) Have a 4-Mix Engine?

sitstihl

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Which Stihl Products (Weed Trimmers) Have a 4-Mix Engine?
Hi, I'm looking to get a new weed eater. My last two power equipment purchases were Stihl (BR700 blower and SR450 blower/mister) and they've been doing fantastic for several years now.

How can I find which trimmers are 2 stroke and which are 4 stroke (or 4-mix) ?

On their webpage, I don't see it listed:
Thanks!

Romore

Threads
Go to the product selector then professional trimmers, they are 4-mix except for the FS94R.

dfbrown

Threads
Hello, 2 stroke trimmers are fs70r, fs94r and fs240r as far as loop handles go. 4 mix are fs91r, fs111r and fs131r. those 3 have a solid driveshaft meant for grass trimming and can take grass/ brush blades. The fs111rx has a light weight gear head and a hollow aluminum driveshaft to cut weight down. fs111rx is only for grass cutting not brush cutting. These I have listed is as far as Loop handle trimmers go. Hope this helps. Btw. In a stihl 4 mix engine you wanna run very good synth oil 50:1 to keep it clean internall. Valve adjustents are super easy and straight forward. They sell a kit that comes with a gasket, gasket for the bolt of the valve cover and a small special feeler gauge. Kit is literally $2.00 usd. Always use new gaskets. Those motors have very little vacuum and if you have the smallest leak it will run and idle like poop. Very easy to do everyone makes it sound like it’s so much work and maintenance to adjust valves. Super easy. Good luck