Which olde (pre-'81) Cub Cadet to buy?

zman

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Dixon ZTR is still working OK, but I'm not spending anywhere near that much for a mower ever again. And my lawn reduction program is working well, within 5 years I will have reduced my lawn to half what it was in '95. I will nurse the Dixon as long as possible, but I want to buy an older, simple reliable lawn tractor that will have decent parts availability for the forseeable future. I have a full-size '60's Cub with a belly mower and blade, so I don't need any attachments for a lawn tractor. And I want deck size in the 38-44 inch range. Ideally I want to buy two more or less identical tractors so I can make one pretty nice one. I also am wondering about whether I should get hydrostatic or not. I'm sure they are reliable, but how about when they get old? And then repairing them? Shifting gears can be annoying, but if it is noticeably simpler and more reliable, I'm OK with it.

Summer will be winding down soon, so I'm expecting to see more of them pop up on Craigslist soon. So far I see alot of 127's, 128's and 129's. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
I moved your thread to the Cub Cadet Forum. :smile:

benski

Threads
You'll find a ton of good information, and a bunch of justifiably rabid fans on the international cub cadt forum. Personally, I like the 102s. But that's just my bias.:laughing::cool::licking: