which oil is similar to the Honda HST oil

Soi

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Honda HRH536 HXE lawnmower 2005 K3 from Belgium imported to South Africa. I have to change the oil for the hydrostatic drive but not one oil company in europe or South Africa can tell me which oil is equivalent to the Honda HST oil?
Waiting for somebody might know it?
Regards
Soi

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Honda HRH536 HXE lawnmower 2005 K3 from Belgium imported to South Africa. I have to change the oil for the hydrostatic drive but not one oil company in europe or South Africa can tell me which oil is equivalent to the Honda HST oil?
Waiting for somebody might know it?
Regards
Soi

They HST fluid specified by Honda engineers is a special blended formula, and there is no commercial equivalent on the market. Honda does not recommend using any alternate fluid in place of genuine Honda HST fluid, sorry.

Your local dealer should be able to get you some; I know it available in different sizes: Find a Dealer (Honda.com.za)

Soi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dear Robert,
This is the reply I received from the local Honda dealer in South Africa where I order all my parts for my european Honda machine: We don稚 carry that oil nor do Honda SA. Honda love to say that we must only use their oils, but it doesn稚 work that way. As long as the oil is good quality, such as Shell products, and the specs and viscosity match, then use the local oil.
The only thing now I can do is give it a try with my good quality motor oil for my quad and bike as a lawnmowershop advised me who don't sell Honda mowers but a few other makes with a hydraustatic transmission drive.
Regards
Soi

Soi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dear members, I found the following in the neighbour town at a lawnmowershop and had a few other makes as Honda with nearly the same drive and advised me the Mospare 4-stroke Petrol engine oil SAE 30, not diesel oil. So I bought there a bottle of 1/2liter because he used it in the drive and what he says it is shortest oil specs to the Honda HSToil but don稚 use ATF or Hydraulic oil?
On the bottle is standing as benefits:protects against wear, oxidation, corrosion and foaming, -improved oil consumption, -keeps engine clean and reduces deposits.
Performance levels API SF/CD MB226.0
Blended and Packaged by Blendrite Chemicals PRO OIL www.mospares.com

Itried it for 2 hours till now and no problems experienced.
Hope this will do it well,
Thanks for all the advises and Kind regards
Soi

Kadee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hallo,

Owner's Manual for HRH536 K4(!) (publication Nー 3RVF1610), bottom of page 14EN : oil for Hydrostatic transmission is "Honda HST or Honda Ultra U".
page 14EN.JPG
"Honda Ultra U" seems to be a low doped, rather thin, engine oil 10W30, API SJ.
So, I think your choice for an SAE30 is not a bad choice, especially when you are in the middle of nowhere...
For me, I live in Belgium and have the luxury to follow good advise : I have a bottle of HST (HONDA part Nー 08208-HST01) on the shelf :smile:

To whom it may concern....