Which lawnmower

stuarta

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys,

I've just registered here to try and get some advice on a new lawnmower. I'm currently using a cheap Qualcast 32cm that I purchased a few years ago from Homebase. I currently get frustrated with it due to having to turn it upside down and adjust both sets of wheels for the height and I only have 3 settings. I'm thinking of upgrading to get more adjustment as I feel my front lawn is too short on the medium setting and too long on the high and similar with the back. I'm also wondering if a better mower will give me a better cut and finish.

So far I'm looking at the Bosch 34r and 36r but also a Spear & Jackson 37cm model and all 3 having a roller. Striping isn't something I'm bothered about but thinking I'll benefit from the roller against scalping. I've also seen some with mulching such as a Ryobi but again I'm not sure if this is something I'm worried about.

There is also an option of taking on a Bosch from my father which I understand is better quality than today's. I'm not sure on the model but it's a bluer colour and think might be a 340 ER.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.