Where is the tag with the Serial or Model number on it???

cngizbleevng

Threads
  • / Where is the tag with the Serial or Model number on it???
I've looked all around my Hustler for a label that has the model number on it and can't find it.

I know it's a Hustler Super Z 60" deck with a Kawasaki FX-850V engine.

I'm trying to replace the wheel studs and can't find the right size for my hub, and my yard is really looking like a jungle at this point.

How can I find out? Where do I look for the sticker???

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
From hustler
The model and serial number decal on a Hustler Super Z zero turn is located on the frame directly below and to the left of the operator’s platform.

cngizbleevng

Threads
No, nothing is there.

I know it dates from about 2010 based on other manufacturer's stickers.

cngizbleevng

Threads
Here's what was sent to me compared to the original stud.
20210903_130557.png

OldDiyer

Threads
Was a Mechanic all my life ( not any more) so the wheel studs you got if the serrated collers are the right size the little extra length should not be a problem just make sure the thread size is the same, try one of the nuts to make sure. If for some reason they are to long you could just cut them off but clean up the threads before putting nuts on.

cngizbleevng

Threads
They're the right size (1/2 x 20) but they're not wide enough at the "head". They spin around in the hub because of the smaller diameter. You may be able to spot the difference in the image above.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you tried going to a parts house Auto Zone etc.. and see if they can match them?

cngizbleevng

Threads
Have you tried going to a parts house Auto Zone etc.. and see if they can match them?
Well, there's a story there... I've actually been to Autozone three times in the last week, first to get studs (that didn't fit), then to get a puller because the one I had wasn't large enough for the hub, Then to go back in an attempt to get larger studs, which they didn't have. Then I placed the order for Hustler specific studs from a hustler supplier, but they were the ones posted above that also didn't fit, and I can't find the sticker anywhere on my mower to even know which model I have.