Wheel bearings for LTS 2000?

musclegto

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a Lts2000 20hp 917.28910 With a 42 inch mower. She was doing good work today and the wheel fell off. But I noticed there are no wheel bearings in there? Can someone help me figure out what part I need?
Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And if it wasn't the keeper that disappeared the OP better check the spindle shaft for excessive wear especially on the ground side of it. Most operators never grease these front wheels until it is too late.

Mower King

Threads
And most of those more inexpensive mowers that have a grease zirk on the front, only greases one side and won't grease the spindle all the way across anyway, it has to be taken apart and both sides greased.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The 532009040 bushing when installed correctly does allows grease to both sides as the flat passes the grease to the center of the spindle wheel hub and then as the grease in the area is pressurized (or packed) it pushes out both sides between the bushings and spindle shaft.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You must ge different wheels up there
Most of the mowers I have serviced have the grease nipple poked into the weld and held in with 1.5 turns of thread so nearly all of the grease leaks from the base of the nipple.
Thus I gave up trying to use a gun on them in the first year & manually wash then grease the shaft
The absolute worst piece of lubrication I have ever seen

Mower King

Threads
You must ge different wheels up there
Most of the mowers I have serviced have the grease nipple poked into the weld and held in with 1.5 turns of thread so nearly all of the grease leaks from the base of the nipple.
Thus I gave up trying to use a gun on them in the first year & manually wash then grease the shaft
The absolute worst piece of lubrication I have ever seen
Some are a good design, some are bad...what I was referring to were the plastic sleeve on one side of the cheapy mowers, when you grease them, you grease that sleeve only because the grease comes right out and don't cross the shaft at all but, I have seen those wheels you're talking about.....they are over here too!

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
You talking about the odd zerk pressed into the plastic sleeve that out of my 3 grease guns and 3 more adapters only 1 fits and usually pulls out the damn zerk when you try to get it off. Absolute crap design. Got tired of trying to thread in new zerks so i just take the wheels off and grease the spindles.

Mower King

Threads
You talking about the odd zerk pressed into the plastic sleeve that out of my 3 grease guns and 3 more adapters only 1 fits and usually pulls out the damn zerk when you try to get it off. Absolute crap design. Got tired of trying to thread in new zerks so i just take the wheels off and grease the spindles.
That's the ones, hard to believe they paid a engineer $$$ to design that.....well, lets face it, there are several other "brilliant designs" on these jewels we call mowers. But you know what, I feel that if it wasn't for all these "brilliant designs" ....we wouldn't have a job!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Ahhh, The MTD designed ones are just as bad. They also tend to clogged up too.

And yes I really hate it when they went from carriage bolts to regular hex cap screws holding on the idlers. Now you got loosen the fender pan so you can get a wrench in there to hold the screw.