Whats the difference?

d15tur83d

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking to purchase a new push mower and wanted a Honda and saw that the TroyBilt has the same Honda engine for $80 bucks cheaper plus a few more extras. Is there something else I'm missing or don't realize? Both mowers are linked below. Just trying to understand if theres any reason to shell out the extra 80.

logert gogert

Threads
i have that same exact toro, its never failed me.
still starts up after 1 pull after 1.5 years.
used it to get in small spaces for my mowing buiseness, probably has like 130+ hours on it.
as for your question though, looks like with the honda your just paying for the name, but the honda has ball bearing wheels as for the toro dosent, and its made for mulching.

d15tur83d

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have that same exact toro, its never failed me.
still starts up after 1 pull after 1.5 years.
used it to get in small spaces for my mowing buiseness, probably has like 130+ hours on it.
as for your question though, looks like with the honda your just paying for the name, but the honda has ball bearing wheels as for the toro dosent, and its made for mulching.

Do you mean TroyBilt or you have a Toro? I was trying to compare this Troybilt and Honda one. But the wheels are a good observation thank you.

logert gogert

Threads
after looking at the specification chart on both of them, it looks like the honda mower is

made with thicker steel

it also says the honda mower is recommended for up to 1/2 an acre, as for the troy bilt is only recommended for 1/4 an acre,

it says the honda is recommended for flat or sloped terrain, but the troy bilt is recommended for only flat terrain

the honda mower can go higher AND lower than the troy bilt

it also says the honda mower has 2 handlebar positions, and the troy bilt only has 1

the honda has less of a oil capacity than the troy bilt

the honda weighs a bit less

d15tur83d

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow that is exactly the info I was looking for. I don't know the first thing about mowers and all I could tell was they had the same engine and couldnt figure out the other key differences. Thank you so much for going out of your way and typing that all up for me.

logert gogert

Threads
Wow that is exactly the info I was looking for. I don't know the first thing about mowers and all I could tell was they had the same engine and couldnt figure out the other key differences. Thank you so much for going out of your way and typing that all up for me.
dont worry about it, and if you have any other questions feel free to ask, buncha good people on here ;)

logert gogert

Threads
which ever mower you get, they will both last for ever, you treat it right and it will treat you right. make sure you always check the oil, and keep it topped off, on those hondas you cant drain the oil, unless you flip it over of course :p
And if you know your not gonna use it for a couple months, put some fuel stabilizer in it, so the fuel doesn't go bad.

logert gogert

Threads
Sounds good man. Buying that Honda mower now lol
id honestly recommend the troy bilt, but it is your choice, the honda mower is really good at 1 thing: mulching ( and side discharge )
but the troy built is like a jack of all trades, its okay at mulching side discharge and bagging. and it comes with motor oil.
But like i said, its your choice, and if you want to ask me somethings about how and why i like my troy bilt, go ahead and ask.