What I'm listening to (for the 3rd day straight)

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
This isn't really my type of music. But my kids sent it to me, because he knows how I am about druggies. (Can't stand their guts and livers).
The first time I listened to it, it was tough to get through, because it's not my kind of music. But the words drew me in. And after listening to it a 2nd times, I was hooked.

It's called "Methhead.".

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've been listening to Billy Strings, a metalhead guitarist who's doing bluegrass now. Also, Leonid & Friends, a Russian cover band that sounds more like Chicago than Chicago. In fact, Danny Seraphin, the original Chicago drummer, sits in with them occasionally.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
One thing i notice about modern music, not 100% of the time, but 99% of the time, (this is especially true for Modern country) everyone sounds the same... i mean, Merle Haggard, Johnny Paycheck, Clint Black, George Strait, you can very easily tell who it is they all have their own unique style, and voice of course, but today's trash, to me they all sound the same. The whiny beta male, trying to sound country, voice. And i really don't care to find out who they are either. i'll stick with the early 90's and back....

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
One thing i notice about modern music, not 100% of the time, but 99% of the time, (this is especially true for Modern country) everyone sounds the same... i mean, Merle Haggard, Johnny Paycheck, Clint Black, George Strait, you can very easily tell who it is they all have their own unique style, and voice of course, but today's trash, to me they all sound the same. The whiny beta male, trying to sound country, voice. And i really don't care to find out who they are either. i'll stick with the early 90's and back....

I can't stand this new rap/pop/country crap. I usually just stick to Texas country artist like Flatland Cavalry, Jason Boland, Ray Wylie Hubbard and those guys.
I've listened to the artist in the OP, and don't really care for most of what I heard. But this song, "Methhead," just blows me away with his lyrics. I used to write songs. 1,000 or more in my records. But love the way the writer uses his words to paint a damn clear picture of the subjects in the storyline. You can almost see them doing their thang. That's the sign of a good song writer.
Like the part where the girl has her fists between her knee's. Lot's of methheads on my end of town, so I've seen that very thing. Along with the sores and other things he describes.

Once I used to think that drugs were a personal thing. One that should probably not even be against the law. At least not until opening up this place and having things in the back stolen from me. It changed everything.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Been listening to a lot of Toby Keith and Garth lately then throw in some Willie and Merle. The new chit all sounds the same. Bad. The CMA awards show last couple years was trash. I don't know how they call the stuff country. Well, when you cross country with rap you get crap.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Been listening to a lot of Toby Keith and Garth lately then throw in some Willie and Merle. The new chit all sounds the same. Bad. The CMA awards show last couple years was trash. I don't know how they call the stuff country. Well, when you cross country with rap you get crap.

Did you happen to listen to the song I posted? It's deep.
And the way its played, sounds like something that would've came out in the 70's, folks music.

P.S. Been listening to Skynard concerts all day today. I was introduced to them when I got my first pick up at 16. My brother and I put a cassette deck in this old 1965 Ford pick up. He gave me an old Skynard Cassette he had. By the end of that year, I had every Skynard cassette available.