What I believe in looking for an answer

Jim K.

Threads
In my 71 years it seems that things just keep getting faster and faster, I never had computer in school so everything I know and learned about the electric world and the internet I had to learn the hard way. I do know this, when I need an answer to a question and I go on the internet to find my answer, all I want is the answer to my question I really don't want to hear about what kind of weather you are having or spend 10 minutes talking about something other than what I need to know only in the end not really getting an answer to my question. Or worse I get a hold of someone that is rude and tries to make me feel like I'm a dummy and that they know everything. When I get on a sight and talk about a certain thing I stay on the subject and try to really help people because I know all they are looking for is the answer to their questions

Jim K.

Threads
In my 71 years it seems that things just keep getting faster and faster, I never had computer in school so everything I know and learned about the electric world and the internet I had to learn the hard way. I do know this, when I need an answer to a question and I go on the internet to find my answer, all I want is the answer to my question I really don't want to hear about what kind of weather you are having or spend 10 minutes talking about something other than what I need to know only in the end not really getting an answer to my question. Or worse I get a hold of someone that is rude and tries to make me feel like I'm a dummy and that they know everything. When I get on a sight and talk about a certain thing I stay on the subject and try to really help people because I know all they are looking for is the answer to their questions
I don't mean that I have that problem on here so far everyone has been very helpful and I am thankful for that

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good to hear, great folks here..

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do know this, when I need an answer to a question and I go on the internet to find my answer, all I want is the answer to my question

Unfortunatrly life doesn't work that way. It is really hard sometimes to answer someone's question remotely. Sometimes it takes a dialog to even begin to understand the problem. But sorry forums can be frustrating - they can be no doubt.

Last edited:

DaveTN

Threads
I agree w/ you completely! I hate trying to find something specific on a search only
to find everything BUT what I'm looking for. Spend hours searching and reading to
strike out mostly at the end not to mention being worn out after using the computer.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I agree w/ you completely! I hate trying to find something specific on a search only
to find everything BUT what I'm looking for. Spend hours searching and reading to
strike out mostly at the end not to mention being worn out after using the computer.
There are qualifiers that can be used to help in a Google search. Double quotes with the search word in between will only yield results with that in it. Putting a minus mark - in front of a word will exclude it. As an example, If I search for something like Bicycle Trail Memphis, I might get 50 results that include bicycle rentals, and walking trails. I can then make the search "Bicycle trail" Memphis -walking -rentals. Now the results make more sense. The same is true if you put in a part number for a mower part and suddenly coffee grinders with the same part number show up over and over in the search. You can add -coffee -grinder and it will exclude those items. Does not work on Amazon.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum!
There are definitely a lot of answers here - and a lot of questions ready to be answered.

DaveTN

Threads
There are qualifiers that can be used to help in a Google search. Double quotes with the search word in between will only yield results with that in it. Putting a minus mark - in front of a word will exclude it. As an example, If I search for something like Bicycle Trail Memphis, I might get 50 results that include bicycle rentals, and walking trails. I can then make the search "Bicycle trail" Memphis -walking -rentals. Now the results make more sense. The same is true if you put in a part number for a mower part and suddenly coffee grinders with the same part number show up over and over in the search. You can add -coffee -grinder and it will exclude those items. Does not work on Amazon.
I used to love the Search Within the Results on Google, and they eliminated it. I've used the quotes and it helps
a lot really, but still it's a wild goose chase unless I have a specific www address etc. I have better luck on the
forums but still a lot of being a Farm Chicken, hunting, pecking and scratching around! ;)