What have you pulled with your Ventrac?

toro5xi

Threads
Has anyone tried to pull too much with your Ventrac. I have a car trailer which gets stored in a really tight spot and would like to use my 3223 with the 2 in 1 hitch on the front. It is level ground so I am not concerned about not being able to stop but dont want to cause any damage to the tractor.

Ventrac told me that I would not hurt anything and if it will not move the trailer a pressure release valve would protect the hydraulic system but I wanted to see if anyone has pulled any heavy loads with their ventrac and if any adverse effects were noted.

Slater

Threads
I would agree with Ventrac on that. These things (especially the 4000 series in low gear!) will tow anything, but you always have to keep safety in mind and stopping distance. If you are going at a manageable pace and are on flat ground you shouldn't have any issues.

Personally with my 3223d I have pulled a 12ft single axle trailer loaded with about a ton and a half of pea gravel. No problems and it performed like a champ with no adverse effects :thumbsup: Could have done A LOT more.

Pulling a trailer I wouldn't think you would have any issues as long as weight is distributed across your trailer axle fine rather than all of it being on the hitch. If that is the case, then just throw on your snow blower or whatever your heaviest attachment that you have is. Oh weight your using the front 2-N-1. Shouldn't be a problem either way you have the diesel so a little more weight in the back, but still always a good idea to balance your trailer load properly.

My friend pulls a loaded hay wagon with his 4131 :biggrin: As long as you have traction you shouldn't have a problem and yea if it is too much you'll just go over the relief and you won't damage anything. Car trailer with a car balanced properly should be a piece of cake.

toro5xi

Threads
Thanks Slater

I figured I was OK if I stayed on level ground but I am always interested in what others have done with their tractors.

My dealer told me they went to the Ventrac factory at one point to play with all the different units. Supposedly they were pulling a semi on level ground with a 4000 series.

I have yet to max out the front lifting ability of my 3223 but have come close. I had some pine trees dropped off one day and the landscapers tree mover had 2 flat tires so we got the Ventrac out. I never realized how heavy a live tree could be. They were no more than 4 feet tall. Landscaper ended up cutting me a break on the trees.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have the 4231 Gas and have pulled a 49 Chevy 1 Ton Flatbed uphill over field grass and did not even have the dual wheel set on. Have also hauled 5'x9' trailer full of firewood up and downhill - downhill did require the extra suitcase weights to avoid being pushed. Have pulled many small trees and bushes out by the roots.
You will spin the tires long before you harm the tractor. It is great for positioning a trailer.:thumbsup:
JRs 1Ton.jpg 49 Chevy 1 Ton
To  JRs Splitter.jpg Pulled from down on the bottom up past camera position - hard to see the slope, but it is 20 degrees or so in places.

toro5xi

Threads
That is a nice old Chevy you were pulling. I would think that is a pretty heavy load in the grass. I have a 1970 Camaro sitting in the garage which is almost completed. Hope to have it on the road this spring.

Spent some time at the dealer this weekend looking at the 4000 series Diesel. What a nice unit. I was close to signing my life away until my wife pointed out we have 2 kids and a mortgage. Oh well.:mad:

Slater

Threads
That is a nice old Chevy you were pulling. I would think that is a pretty heavy load in the grass. I have a 1970 Camaro sitting in the garage which is almost completed. Hope to have it on the road this spring.

Spent some time at the dealer this weekend looking at the 4000 series Diesel. What a nice unit. I was close to signing my life away until my wife pointed out we have 2 kids and a mortgage. Oh well.:mad:

Don't get too hasty :laughing: The 3000 is an awesome unit, enjoy it while you have it! I love the 4000 series too and will probably eventually upgrade, but I will be sad to get rid of my 3223d.
And yes, live trees are incredibly heavy! Moved a few myself in the slipscoop.
I also saw a picture from a customer onetime pulling a train car :confused2: Wish I new were I saw that, but it was pretty cool and don't doubt the semi trailer pulling one bit.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
That 1 Ton Truck is heavy and the tires needed air plus there were chains on the rear tires, but the Ventrac had no problems. I'd like to get that Truck running for J.R. - like everything else, he has taken some things on it apart and not put them back together. It does turn over with the hand crank, so it is not locked up.
I've talked to a local mechanic who is willing to give it a go and it will help him keep busy and earning something. Also pulled this 51 Ferguson TO 30 out and got it running for J.R.
TO 30 - 2.jpg
TO 30 - 1.jpg

Last edited:

Parkmower

Threads
Hey just wondering what a 4000 and 3000 go for? Ballpark is ok

Slater

Threads
Hey just wondering what a 4000 and 3000 go for? Ballpark is ok

That would depend on the engine option you decide.

If I recall from my dealer (don't quote me on this)
3000: $10k-$13k retail
4000: $16k-$22k retail

Diesel engines would obviously be the high end of either series.
The price you would pay would obviously depend on your dealer and how many attachments you buy (I would guess normally 10-13% off?).
I got mine bundled pretty nice and got a mower deck and blade with the tractor for around the retail cost of the tractor ~$13k. They were having a promo at the time.

Parkmower

Threads
Thanks. I was talking about ventracs to one of my regions directors. He'd never heard of them. So I told him about them and their capabilities and attachments. We usually spend around $20k on our mowers, so they are worth looking into.