What do you do about a worn out seat cushion?

Elkins45

Threads
I have a couple of Craftsman riders that the seats are in terrible shape. The vinyl is cracked and big hunks of the foam padding is gone. Are their inexpensive cushion replacements or should I just find a lawn chair cushion and tie it in place?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I generally replace buggered seats with ski boat seats
They are more water resistant & far better quality than mower seats + about 1/4 the price
If you get the plastic ones you will need to cut a hole inthe base for the seat switch .
On some I just fix the seat switch to the mower rear guard and stick a lump of wood under the seat to activate the switch

Elkins45

Threads
I generally replace buggered seats with ski boat seats
They are more water resistant & far better quality than mower seats + about 1/4 the price
If you get the plastic ones you will need to cut a hole inthe base for the seat switch .
On some I just fix the seat switch to the mower rear guard and stick a lump of wood under the seat to activate the switch
That's brilliant! Thank you. I don't know why I didn't think of that considering how many boat seats I've replaced over the years.

I even have a brand new one in the barn.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One of the local mower companies uses boat seats & they are brilliant as they are not only waterproof but have drain holes so rain water does not accumulate in the seat & rot the base.

Don't forget to post some pickies when you are done

Cusser

Threads
I have a 2005 LT1000 which never got stored in the sun, and I got a big crack in the vinyl last year. So far duct tape has worked for me. But there is some good information in this thread.