What are the odds

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm working on this Exmark push mower with a Honda engine that's not getting any spark. It's like 8;30 PM, so I push it outside in the dark. Since I can't see the spark tester, in the front, and pull from the back, I set up my phone cam on video. Start recording and pull the rope 3 times, adjust the kill/throttle lever and give it 3 more pulls.
Now watching the video, the first three pulls, it's glowing yellow. So, I'm thinking I got spark. Bring the mower in and start picking up to close up shop. Decided to watch to see the rest of the video, because I remembered I moved the throttle lever. Well, picking up where I left off, I get 3 red glows. WTF?
So I watched the whole video. And sure enough, I get 3 yellow. A pause. Then 3 red ones.
So I take the cover off again, and start checking for stuff. Something caught my ears in the road in front of the shop. Then it dawns on me. The yellow and red lights were from the frigging traffic lights between my arms, as I pull on the rope.

I've had enough for today. I'll figure it out tomorrow.

I'm back down to a 2 today.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
iu
Sorry, but i chuckled a bit....
remember to check for spark with the kill wire unhooked too.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
You got traffic lights? Out here in the sticks we don't have city water or sewer. Heck we even have to have the electricity trucked in twice a week.

In my little burg we have all those modern conveniences, at about $300 a month.