Well, that's some fine print for you...

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Note to self, always read the fine print.

So yesterday I noticed an ad & coupon on HF for 25% off. I'm needing a new tool box. So I called the two closest ones, and both were out.
Note: I mentioned the coupon to both of them.
So I called the third one, again mentioning the coupon and telling them what I'm looking for. Great news, they had some in stock. 60 miles away, no, problem. I get down there. Decided to get the 56" X 22" and the top box that goes with it. Plus some other small stuff.

I get to the cashier, and she has the coupon on a paper she keeps by the register. She rings everything up and it's like $1080. I'm a little set back by the price, but she's telling me where to park my truck on the side so they can load it all up.
On my way to the truck, I'm looking at the receipt, and can't find the discount anywhere.
So I go back in and ask the clerk, and she say "It wouldn't let me give you the discount."
Wait, WHAT!!!!!!!! "And you didn't even bother telling me beforehand?"
So the manager comes up and says, "Oh, the coupon can't be used on tool boxes." Then shows me the fine print on the coupon.

Dang it. I was really looking forward to getting those boxes put together today.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
HF has a long list of items that are excluded from the coupons.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes HF is a pain when they send you coupons and basically they don't honor them anything you want. They recently sent one those "we haven't seen you in awhile so here is 25% off coupon on anything. But they won't.

I even have gotten rain checks on sales items that they will simply will not order in so I could use the coupon before it expires.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I remember when I first discovered HF. The prices were amazing. I spent so much there. Now I'm looking at their coupon list, and even those items aren't cheap.

Like their pressure washer. $900.
1685119090432.png

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Man, HF facebook ad (the 25% memorial day coupon ad) is getting eaten alive by people commenting on the exclusions in the coupon.
1685119956554.jpeg

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
As much as I like HF for a lot of things the coupons suck. I personally unsubscribed from getting their Emails. If I need it I just go get it.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now that HF rakes in 6.8 BILLION a year, they don't care about their customers anymore. Tooo many games and coupons crap. Just tell me the real price. Not to mention their tools are not as good as the ones they claim to compare to. They ain't cheap anymore.

Last edited:

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
As much as I like HF for a lot of things the coupons suck. I personally unsubscribed from getting their Emails. If I need it I just go get it.

I ditched their emails too. But have their app. Otherwise, I'll have 100 of their emails to delete.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not that HF rakes in 6.8 BILLION a year, they don't care about their customers anymore. Tooo many games and coupons crap. Just tell me the real price. Not to mention their tools are not as good as the ones they claim to compare to. They ain't cheap anymore.

They did me very good last winter when we had the power outage. The assistant manager (who was in from another store) sold me the wrong wheel kit for the generator I bought from them.
I ended up with a free wheel kits and the gas money to return and get the right one.