Well that was amazing

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The old 1989 Winnebago Brave with a carbureted 454 fired right up and it has been sitting in the barn for about 5 years untouched with half a tank of gas. I really doubt the generator carb survived and will have to be gone through but the 454 fired up and exhaust smells normal. Who would have thought.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
cool! I'd be tempted to throw a bottle of HEET or 2 in the tank but, maybe not required.

Richie F

Threads
I have an 83 Monte Carlo that I install a TPI engine in.
Once a year a start it (have a battery tender on it)
Regular gas in the tank.
Starts and charges with no problems.
Never put anything in the tank (aka Heet) or anything else.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I could have some fun with that 454. Late model for a carb, wonder if it has a roller cam?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I checked the numbers motor home engine. Electronic "dancing needle" quadrajet, not TBFI. 4 bolt mains with nodular iron crank. Not sure if roller cam or not. Roundy round guy wants it bad. I told him he has to take the whole motor home not just the engine.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
That old Q-jet is probably good for 800 cfm, doubt they had efi back then that would keep up with that motor. Have one heck of a transmission in it too. If that machine was around here, pull the motor and rent the home out to a pipeliner for $750 a month.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Trans is the old turbohydro400. Non lockup high stall converter. The engine and trans out of it is worth twice what the entire motorhome is worth. And yes it is the big Qjet. Not the most fuel efficent 27' box on wheels out there but been parked inside for the 25 years i have owned but it so it looks good for its age.