Welder question

tim4

Threads
I am looking to buy a titanium ez flux 125 amp welder. and I would like to know if the welding wire is live all the time or only live when you press the trigger. I am blind and I would like to position the wire on the part that I want to weld. I bought a Chinese welder and with out pressing the trigger the wire is live as soon as I place it on the work. thank you

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
From the description and reading the owners manual posted online. It appears that the wire is electrically hot when the power switch is turned on, but does have a way to cold feed the wire for running the wire from the spool into the gun.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If this unit operates the same as my Miller Cricket then the welder tip is not hot electrically until the trigger is pull. But you best answer would be from the vendor selling the unit. It is dangerous to have a wire welder with live tip before the trigger is pulled.

I do foresee poor welding quality due poor welding flux core wire. My Miller did such bad welds I also gave up on it but I finally got some high quality flux core welding wire from Amazon and it now produces professional quality welds.

upupandaway

Threads
I am looking to buy a titanium ez flux 125 amp welder. and I would like to know if the welding wire is live all the time or only live when you press the trigger. I am blind and I would like to position the wire on the part that I want to weld. I bought a Chinese welder and with out pressing the trigger the wire is live as soon as I place it on the work. thank you
StarTech is right. I bought the titanium ez flux 125 a few weeks ago.