Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

fcpjax

Forum Newbie
Threads
Since my Raptor Flip Up made it so easy to sharpen blades I decided I should find a better way to sharpen the blades. Had been using my bench grinder and a $100 blade balancer. but was never happy with getting consistent blade angles. So back to the internet and found consistent good reviews on the All American blade sharpener. I also bought a new Craftsman cut off grinder so I could have a battery powered grinder dedicated to the new blade sharpener. Now I get perfect angled sharp blades every time.

Mr. Mower

Threads
Hi You All,
When I turned 79 it came to me in a flash that my crawling under lawn tractors to change blades may not be possible anymore and after going to Mayo Clinic they confirmed my suspisions.
So I did what any tractor riding fool would do....got on the internet to research what I could do to solve my problem...You know tractor riding fools do not give up easily. So after much research I came upon the Hustler Raptor Flip Up 48 and after much time spent convincing my wife that it made perfect sense to spend five times more money for a Raptor than all my previous tractors owned. The deed was done and for the past two years I have been riding high on the hog so to speak. I sharpen my blades now every time i use the Raptor flip up.

Good that you got that "Raptor Flip Up".

That special feature sure does make life a bit easier for your basic lawn guy.

But unlike yourself I wasn't going to wait around to see if I was going to have back problems, etc. on changing blades and cleaning under the deck.

I purchased a Raptor Flip Up 54" deck years ago and haven't looked back since. One of the best decision's that I could have ever made.

I don't even mess around on dealing with sharpening blades, etc.

I just replace all three (3) blades with new ones every Spring.

Forrestmohrman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, I am new and own a diesel Z 72” mower deck. Have had the mower for around 5 years and have been plagued with jumping the mower deck drive belt. Have replaced the idler tensioner spring twice. Yesterday I found the problem and solved it. I took an additional spring and added it right beside the the other belt tensioner with a chain adjust. So now I have double the force tensioning the belt. Problem solved big time!
Also using heavy duty blades and was mowing the heavy grass at 1” high…right on the deck! The issue now is bogging down the engine…..the way it should be.

If you have a drive belt jumping issue likely the belt tensioner is the problem..

I am sure the engineers at hustler over looked this problem but I just solved it.

Bud