Weedeater riding mower grinding

toolsinbox

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the Weedeater One riding mower and when you release the break to engage the drive there is a grinding coming from the area just right of ( when looking from the rear of the mower) the friction wheel. The shaft that passes through the friction wheel has a flat milled into it and passes through bearings I would suppose and other components to the right of the friction wheel. At first glance it would seem that what ever that milled flat is for has spun and possibly rounded it? The friction wheel is engaging and turning but the shaft with this flat just grinds in whet ever it is passing through and not turning the sprocket allowing forward movement. It does move in reverse tho? If any of you have any experience with this I would appreciate your input

toolsinbox

Forum Newbie
Threads

zzyzzx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Which different part was it? I'm guessing differential...

ensign2415@comcast.net

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the Weedeater One riding mower and when you release the break to engage the drive there is a grinding coming from the area just right of ( when looking from the rear of the mower) the friction wheel. The shaft that passes through the friction wheel has a flat milled into it and passes through bearings I would suppose and other components to the right of the friction wheel. At first glance it would seem that what ever that milled flat is for has spun and possibly rounded it? The friction wheel is engaging and turning but the shaft with this flat just grinds in whet ever it is passing through and not turning the sprocket allowing forward movement. It does move in reverse tho? If any of you have any experience with this I would appreciate your input

I have torn mine completely apart and think I know it quite well by now. I've replaced the drive wheel and the planetary gear shaft that you are referring to. Unfortunately, I think the real problem is in the motor shaft hub part that has a cheap stamped key-way in it. I'm trying to figure out how to get the snap cap off of the smooth drive wheel part right now so I can get the bolt out of the motor shaft and check it out. That may well be the real problem behind everyone's complaints on this machine. Snapper parts might well be the answer to a lot of these problems also? Any way... once I get that hub off the shaft I'll be able to figure out if that's the major weakness of this machine. I will fix it or die trying. The part number that I think I'll be needing is ??? They have messed up the part numbers in the owners manual. Dang