Weedeater One WE261 Steering Locks Up

rtt2581

Forum Newbie
Threads
When turning full left the steering locks up. I noticed the right tire stops turning left but the left tire continues to turn left until the steering locks up. If I put it in reverse, I can then turn the wheels back to the right. Anyone else have this problem or know a fix?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check for worn bushings, and bent linkages. The problem results from the left tire over pivoting causing it to lock the steering.

rtt2581

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you ILENGINE. I did notice the LH spindle had a bend on both ends of the bracket the steering linkage attaches to and the RH spindle did not. I found pictures of the RH spindle (straight, no bends) but could not find a picture of the LH spindle anywhere to compare and see if this was normal. I just bought the mower Wednesday 2nd hand and never saw what it looked like new. I'll bend the LH spindle straight and see if that corrects the problem. I just didn't want to do that before knowing whether or not it should be bent.

jerryp58

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nope, the connecting bracket on the spindle should not be bent, it should be at 90* to the spindle and straight. I've had the same problem with both spindles. I replaced the RH spindle once and the second time it happened i straightened the bracket and had a gusset welded to the underside of it. When the LH spindle bracket bent I didn't bother with a replacement, I just straightened it out and had a gusset welded to it. The RH spindle has been holding up for two seasons and the LH has been holding up for the rest of this season.