Weedeater One riding mower problem

johngasper

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can someone explain how the friction wheel works, how to determine replacement wear and how to find the price for a new friction wheel? It's a friction A5M wheel, part nuber 428106. Any assistance will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
John

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please give us the model and serial numbers for your unit. I for one don't know where the friction wheel on a riding unit is.

johngasper

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Model is WE261, the serial number is 012910L003434. The friction wheel is posted this way in the manuel "Friction A5M wheel". The part number is 428106. If anyone knows anything about this I would appreciate the help.
Tanks,
John

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Learned something new today. The friction wheel on your rider is the same as a friction wheel drive on most two stage snowblowers. When you release the clutch the wheel would come in contact with the drive disc. The friction wheel then would transfer the power of the spinning drive disc to the wheels through chain and sprockets.
Hope this helps.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks to me like it is close to the same as a snapper

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can someone explain how the friction wheel works, how to determine replacement wear and how to find the price for a new friction wheel? It's a friction A5M wheel, part nuber 428106. Any assistance will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
John

The part number for the wheel supercedes to a service transmission complete. Cost $307 dollars, I should know because I just went through this about 2 months ago, when trying to repair a unit for a customer. The snapper drive disc can be modified to work, but it is still about a 2-3 hour job just to change the wheel. Requires complete disassembly of the tranny to replace.

Jimir

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks,
John
Where can I get a friction A5m? Mine needs replaced.

JRinNc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where can I get a friction A5m? Mine needs replaced.

Hi I'm a North Carolina noob here just had the same issue with my weedeater one riding mower. The disc is toast won't go up any inclines. Can someone furnish the Snapper part number and how one could modify it to work please!? Thanks JR inNC

Normf

Threads
The part number for the wheel supercedes to a service transmission complete. Cost $307 dollars, I should know because I just went through this about 2 months ago, when trying to repair a unit for a customer. The snapper drive disc can be modified to work, but it is still about a 2-3 hour job just to change the wheel. Requires complete disassembly of the tranny to replace.

The Model # 28600 for the Weedeater One
You say that a snapper disk can be modified can I get one from Amazon ?
I've got the thing completely disassembled ....
Also I was wondering if I could bond some rubber to the old one they have some really
terrific adhesives these days.....
Normf