Weed eater W25cb stringer trimmer.

ThePistol

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys, thanks for allowing me the opportunity to stop in and ask a question that's been bothering me more than my mother-in-law. I have a basic-brand trimmer, the Weed Eater W25CB. Precursor was my exhaust port full of soot from just learned knowledge using the wrong fuel/oil ratio, so it led me down to disassembly for piston inspection. I'm fairly certain I kept a close eye on it when I took it off, but when I reinstalled parts and cranked or started it, there was a small clacking noise, it stalled, and it died. I figured I installed the piston with the arrow in the wrong direction, so disassembly 2.0 After hours of research, actually days, I still haven't found direct, solid information on placement. The diagrams I've found seem to always have different parts than mine. My piston on the inside, where the arm connects on each side, has an arrow and the numbers 90, Which way should I point the arrow? Carb, muffler? Also, bear with me. After removing the shaft, next is a black plastic tight-fitting slide that's rectangular at the top; next is my drum clutch; a large round washer underneath; and then the fly wheel. I believe it might be called a "spacer tube. unscrew and slide off the front case, which leaves the flywheel. NOW From what I believe I've taken off, no parts are missing. Here's my headache: just about every how-to video containing a drum clutch and flywheel The large washer I mentioned earlier is installed below the clutch and does not make contact with the front half of the engine cover. You slide the spacer on, which reaches the threads,then cover, slide a large washer on top of the spacer, and it keeps anything from making contact with the cover, so when you slide your clutch on, it is on the washer and being balanced on the circumference of only the spacer and not the front half of the cover. I'm so very sorry for rambling on and making very little sense. I know a picture is worth a thousand words; I'll take a picture if so. The majority I've seen appear to be balancing on the circumference of the washer floating above the case, which I could do if I added a washer below the spacer, but I've seen them in videos appear to be laying on a washer that's directly on the cover, which I could do if I removed the small washer below the spacer (so no confusion). I don't believe I removed any other washer other than the large one I've installed both ways to see if it looked familiar. Would anybody be able to help this fool out and tell me which way is up and which way is down in life?.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
PIston peg is the piston ring locator.

1685037740617.png

ThePistol

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking into that photo, I came across this video. Great job, thanks. Maybe now I can get the other half of my issue figured out.

Last edited: