Washout port installation

Homeboy47

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good morning guys and gals,
I've been searching for info on the installation of washout ports on my Bad Boy. Does anyone have a suggestion on how many, the location, and which way they should be pointed? This is a 60 inch deck and I haven't been able to get any suggestions on a deck this large. I'm mowing about seven/eight acres about every two weeks and need a better system of washing than the one that I have. I see there are two holes already drilled on the top front, probably used for hanging at the paint shop. Would it be wise to use these? Thanking you in advance.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
best place for wash out ports is on you boat
I have never seen a mower rust out from underneath.
The graa that builds up under neat is because the underneath is not streamlined for air flow

Homeboy47

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well Bert, seems there may be something to what you say. I did some mowing yesterday in dry grass, inspected it after receiving your reply and noticed there wasn't a blade of grass to be seen on the underside. Washout idea cancelled!!
Thanks for the timely comeback.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If having grass build up really urks you, get a compressor & a very long air duster .
And use it when you finish mowing
In particular use it to clean the hydros, the frame rails and around the engine , then if you are really keen under the deck.
The most important place to keep clear of accumulated grass is the top of the deck.
I see more mowers that caught fire from grass on the deck than I do from decks rusting through

lugbolt

Threads
yep if the deck is shaped properly it doesn't really get any clipping buildup. The old Deere Freedom 42" decks (ones that had timing belts) were like this and it was really rare for them to have excess buildup. But those decks had other problems...that timing belt....

Do you have a pressure washer? If you do, get pick up an undercarriage cleaning attachment. Roll it under the deck and wash to your heart's content. It will still rust though, so you gotta stay on top of that situation.