Want to buy new mower

DougBo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking to buy a Husqvarna YTH22V56 riding mower but I'm getting feedback that the deck stabilizing bar (which is attached to the frame of the mower) breaks or causes damage to the frame. Has anyone seen this issue

/

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would not buy any Husqvarna tractor style mower if it was the last mower left on the planet .
They just get worse every year .
The only Husqvarna mower I recommend my customers buy are the EU designed articulated mowers .
And I am not a franchised dealer for any brand of mowers .
FWIW, apart from the locally made ( Aus) mowers the only tractor styles I recommend is JD ( not the 100 series ) & Toro .
Quality sells itself and junk has to be sold
Down here the only brands that are on the TV every night are Husqvarna & Stihl
The only brand hat advertises in every glossy magazine is Husqvarna
And none of their adds are about the quality of the product, they are all about " letting down the neighbourhood "
About 1/4 of my customers have Husqvarnas but 2/3 of the blades I replace are Husqvarnas 42" deck blades because the bad design & lack of sufficient overlap means they start to leave an uncut strip between the blades almost from day one .

Last edited:

smalltimerpm

Threads
Cub cadet is still American made! If it helps any. I believe kohler might even be helping with the American tags on their new models. 🤔

Schokel

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don’t disagree on husqvarna opinion above… I bought one .. and have been regretting it from almost the first moment. Mower deck vibration, only mows well on a perfectly flat area of the lawn, otherwise every turn or slight angle gouges.. spent considerable time trying eliminate annoying squeaks.. huge mistake purchase. Made me actually appreciate my old cub cadet that went through two pto’s and finally a cracked motor block ( yeah not great so that should tell you how much i dislike this tractor