Walker S-Series Stalls on the downhill

SuperJ24

Forum Newbie
Threads
For the most part, my walker runs great. Less than 200 hours. However, it stalls on the downhill. And it doesn't have to be a steep hill. Subaru engine. Anyone familiar with this? I've not had the problem with any other mower on the same area. I tweeted out a video of the problem. It's below if you want to take a look. This is a very frustrating problem.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Walker being a family owned company are very proud of their products and have a service help desk second to none.
So give them a ring.
If it is a known problem thy will tell you how to fix it.
Otherwise it will either be a wire making contact where it should not or a carb problem, like water in the float bowl

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is the oil on the full mark?

Gas tank full? Try the same hill with a full tank.

Wonder if this has some mercury like safety switch? Exceed so many degrees and the coil cuts off.

Side note, the blade drive systems sounds like it needs some love too.

slomo

Born2Mow

Threads
Wonder if this has some mercury like safety switch? Exceed so many degrees and the coil cuts off.
That's what I'm thinking too. Some kind of anti-tip safety switch that's not set right, or maybe no longer mounted to the frame. Could be flopping around on the harness. Anyway, it reads the downhill as a tip-over and cuts the ignition.

If it was oil or gas related it would do a lot of sputtering before it died, but in the video (thank you very much !) it simply turned itself OFF.

;)

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does the engine have a low oil/pressure switch? Will it do this if the blades are not engaged? Has this just started this year?

Paul54

Threads
Robin subuaru engine have low oil shut down on them, if oil is low and mower is used on a slight incline with blades running they will have a tendency to stop /stall , and also it could be a faulty oil level switch too, what grade oil are you using , 10w/30 should be fine , the other thing it could be is the seat switch playing up , particularly when blades are engaged take a look
Cheers

footballfan33

Threads
I’d like to see what it sounds like if you stand up to see if it’s similar to stalling downhill. Uphill your weight naturally shifts back, putting more weight on the seat safety shutoff.

footballfan33

Threads
For the most part, my walker runs great. Less than 200 hours. However, it stalls on the downhill. And it doesn't have to be a steep hill. Subaru engine. Anyone familiar with this? I've not had the problem with any other mower on the same area. I tweeted out a video of the problem. It's below if you want to take a look. This is a very frustrating problem.

Any luck finding a solution?

BobbyU

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know this is an old topic but I am having the same issue. I just inherited this mower from my day. It has plenty of oil and gas. He never had any problems with it dying going downhill cause his whole yard was flat. Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks for any help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Three things are affected by the slope you are on
1) debris in fuel tank
2) float at wrong height
3) lose wire grounding out .