Walker mowers

Azpeapicker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I worked in a shop in Gilbert , Az. That sold & serviced Walker Mowers . Let me start by saying that its one of the Best Riders the market .
I am not associated with the Walker Company in any way . The Engineers built there machine with the Mechanic on mind , every thing is easy to work on .
The Diesel Model didn`t due well out here in the Az. heat , but the Gas Models worked well .
Another thing when they made a running change , they alway s back then made a retrofit kit that you could purchase to upgrade you r unit .
They were made in Colorado .

John ( Az Peapicker )

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All of the fine cut rotary mowers have timed blades,
The Husky Rider Pros
Cub had one
You can not get a proper cut without overlapping blades.

It is just a matter of cost.

The best cuts are done with barrel mowers.
Best for the grass & looks so much better which is why golf courses & the better sports fields all use drum mowers.

After that timed overlapping come second , a fair way down

Then swing back blades on a large blade dish

And right down the bottom are bar blades with no overlap. Which is what most are because it is cheap to make.

It is all about the speed of cut, the thickness of the blades & control of the airflow under the deck

(Account Closed)

Threads
I gather the blades are "geared" somehow to keep them in sync?

With one belt turning that "gear/pully"?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You gather wrong Scott.
No belts on a Walter deck.
Blades run from a bevel gearbox and both gearboxes run either side off another bevel gearbox so timing is set forever.
Husky use a timing belt and tooted pulleys , just the same as a camshaft & timing belt.

All of Walkers Owners, Service & Parts books are on line so instead of imagining, read facts a much better idea in the long run.

Rare to find a Walker with side throw deck, most will have either the mulching deck ( for sir's lawn that gets mowed daily) or the catching deck which is the best on the market bar none.

(Account Closed)

Threads
You gather wrong Scott.
No belts on a Walter deck.
Blades run from a bevel gearbox and both gearboxes run either side off another bevel gearbox so timing is set forever. So there ARE GEARS???

Husky use a timing belt and tooted pulleys , just the same as a camshaft & timing belt. Sorry I asked, didn't mean to bother you..

All of Walkers Owners, Service & Parts books are on line so instead of imagining, read facts a much better idea in the long run. Gee, the above sentence was hard to write. Never heard of one and was simply asking. Instead I get a smart ***** answer, I'll try to remember. I forgot, you don't care for the US folks or just feel threatened.. And please, just don't respond to my stupid, uniformed questions, I don't need your smart attitude.. Just shows YOUR ignorance, AGAIN..

Rare to find a Walker with side throw deck, most will have either the mulching deck ( for sir's lawn that gets mowed daily) or the catching deck which is the best on the market bar none.

Never heard of one, nor worked on one, so NO, I'm not spending hours looking it up. I simple asked a question and got your typical RUDE answer...

Do us both a favor, just DON'T respond to any of my questions.. I don't need your BS..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get out of the wrong side of bed this morning ?
You got a strait answer cause that is what we do down here.
No BS just plain facts.
If I wanted to be abusive then I would abuse you directly, something I very rarely do as it is pointless.
If you get your jollies by searching out possible triple meanings that are derogatory to you then go ahead enjoy yourself.
There are lot of mowers I have never seen as I only do around 300 jobs a year but their service information is on my hard drives because enquiring minds need to be feed.
If you did not want to know because you have never seen one why go to the effort of dredging out an image of the side throw deck, posting it, then asking a very obvious in the first place ?

The OP did not have a problem, he was stating an opinion, and a good one to boot.
As such it did not require a response in the first place.
If you do not like what I say or how I say it you can look up my profile and hit the ignore button.
It makes no difference to me.
I am here primarily to learn what I do not know and keep up with common problems as we are generally a season or two behind the USA .
Thus I become aware of model problems before they hit Aussie lawns.

(Account Closed)

Threads
Get out of the wrong side of bed this morning ? DID YOU START DRINKING EARLY TODAY?

You got a strait answer cause that is what we do down here. AND WE ALL LIE UP HERE? WHAT AN IGNORANT STATEMENT...
No BS just plain facts.
If I wanted to be abusive then I would abuse you directly, something I very rarely do as it is pointless. YES IT IS.

If you get your jollies by searching out possible triple meanings that are derogatory to you then go ahead enjoy yourself. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

There are lot of mowers I have never seen as I only do around 300 jobs a year but their service information is on my hard drives because enquiring minds need to be feed. ABSOLUTLY.

If you did not want to know because you have never seen one why go to the effort of dredging out an image of the side throw deck, posting it, then asking a very obvious in the first place ? I POSTED THAT IT WAS GEARED, DID YOU NOT READ THAT? A COGGED BELT IS A BELT-AS I POSTED. DID YOU NOT READ THAT??

The OP did not have a problem, he was stating an opinion, and a good one to boot. SURE WAS.

As such it did not require a response in the first place. NO IT DIDN'T HOWEVR I WAS CURIOUS AND POSTED FOR OTHERS. THAT OBVIOUSLY UPSETS YOU... TOUGH..

If you do not like what I say or how I say it you can look up my profile and hit the ignore button. I HAVE NO REASON TO LOOK AT YOUR PROFILE OR CARE TO. IMO, FORUMS ARE FOR ASKING QUESTIONS..

PER YOU, APPARENTLY, NO. LOOK IT UP YOURSELF, DO YOUR RESEARCH YOURSELF... HAD I HAD THAT MACHINE HERE FOR SERVICE, I WOULD HAVE LOOKED IT UP AND REPAIRED IT... THEY DON'T SELL THAT MACHINE DOWN HERE SO NO, I'M NOT GOING TO WASTE MY TIME KNOWING EVERYTHING ABOUT IT-NO REASON TO.

It makes no difference to me. YOUR THE ONE WITH THE SMART ***** ANSWER, NOT ME-GROW UP.

I am here primarily to learn what I do not know and keep up with common problems as we are generally a season or two behind the USA . SO AM I, IS THAT A PROBLEM TO YOU? THAT'S WHY I POSTED.

Thus I become aware of model problems before they hit Aussie lawns.

There is absolutely NO REASON to be RUDE...

I know now (I asked politely) that your response, at least to me, is meant not only to be rude, but TROLLING.

I will not ask you anything in the future, so you may be rude to others.

I know you have to post to EVERY THREAD on this forum. (When do you have time to do repairs???)

Please ignore my posts if you will. I don't need to be talked down to by anyone, especially you..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
For the benefit of others who may have been misinformed by a post of another person who shall not be named lest he feels he is so important that someone would bother to troll him.

Walkers are available in Florida in fact there is a Walker agent right there in Cape Coral Florida

Cutters Choice Cape Coral 1539 Del Prado Blvd S., Cape Coral, FL 33990.

In fact there are 4 Walkers dealers in Florida ( assuming Cutters Choice has 2 branches ) I would have been amazed if there were none there.

Cutter's Choice 24951 Old 41 Rd Ste 13, Bonita Springs, FL 34135
Action Mower 5432 Constitutional Avenue, Punta Gorda, FL 33982
Capri Equipment Center 11281 Tamiami Trail E., Naples, Fl 34113
Southern Mower 850 S. River Rd, Englewood, FL 34223

Walkers specalize in bagging and from the few people I know in Florida there are quite a few "peacocks on the front lawn" type mansions there which is exactly the market Walkers are designed for.
Very fussy customers who want a lawn cut to perfection & not a cut blade of grass in sight.

As this is an open public forum it is important that the information is correct.

If you have a mountain of leaves in Autum then they are worth while just for leaf collection & bagging as the capacity is huge, it empties easily into a barrow and because it is a rear collection deck, there is no whopping huge chute hanging off the right side of the deck causing the deck to tilt and getting caught on every snag point in your yard.

Even old second hand used & abused ones are worth while for bagging and as per the first informative post, Walker provide support for every mower no matter how old it is.
They have been very good to me in the past .
The only problem I know of is with the Kohler Triad engine powered ones .

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
The high dump option for Walkers is pretty cool. You can dump over the sides of your truck/trailer or pile high at an on-site dump site.