Value of Lawn boy 95-7636 short block assembly

Jabski57

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a new old stock short block in 2018 in case either of my Duraforce Lawn Boys shot craps.
I sold one of the mowers and probably will sell the other soon, so I don’t need the short block anymore.
I see they are not around anymore from the usual places, so I’m guessing they have a bit of value to them?
thanks.....

logert gogert

Threads
did you buy it used

Last edited:

logert gogert

Threads
wait, if you bought it new and it hasnt been used, shouldnt you be able to get at least 3/4 of that back from the right buyer?

Jabski57

Forum Newbie
Threads
No, its still new. it was New Old Stock when I bought it off of eBay in mid 2018. They we’re getting hard to come across back then and I paid $200 for it.
It’s Been sitting on the shelf in my basement since. I opened the shipping box to look at it, but that’s all. I don’t even think I took it out. Covered in light oil or whatever they use.

Jabski57

Forum Newbie
Threads
wait, if you bought it new and it hasnt been used, shouldnt you be able to get at least 3/4 of that back from the right buyer?
I don’t know. Ive never bought or sold lawn mower stuff and have no idea how the market is.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Market value of new old stock is what you can get for it and how long you want to have it sitting around. If someone really needs one you might get $250 or you may have to unload it for half that.

logert gogert

Threads
Market value of new old stock is what you can get for it and how long you want to have it sitting around. If someone really needs one you might get $250 or you may have to unload it for half that.
lol i was just about to say that ( well simialer to that )

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lawn Boy parts seem to sell well on Ebay and for decent money. I'd list it for $200 and reasonable shipping, buy it now. But might wait a couple months for the mowing season to start. Low ballers are busy in the winter buying up stuff.

Jabski57

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the opinions.
I’ll list it and see what happens.
I’ve been a fan of the 2 stroke motors for years, and always loved tweaking them, going all the way back to my ‘70s motocross bikes.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only problem I see is that block goes to a strong engine, which means they only need to be replaced when abused. May take awhile.