USPS isn't what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Boy, Am I a shame of the USPS system service lately. It was once one of most reliable services going and now is one of the worst. It is bad when a letter mailed 25miles away takes over two weeks to get to its destination. Yes I can get a letter from 1500 miles away in three days. Now of course it takes two week going to the same location 1500 miles away.

When you depend parcels to be delivered on time it matters. Take for example a parcel from Memphis to Elora,TN take three weeks [and that is a three day priority mail package] but if I pay a dollar more UPS can deliver it the next day. Matter of fact I still one package stuck in a Florida post office since last Summer. I finally had the vendor to just credit me the invoice and made the part in house.

Mower King

Threads
Boy, Am I a shame of the USPS system service lately. It was once one of most reliable services going and now is one of the worst. It is bad when a letter mailed 25miles away takes over two weeks to get to its destination. Yes I can get a letter from 1500 miles away in three days. Now of course it takes two week going to the same location 1500 miles away.

When you depend parcels to be delivered on time it matters. Take for example a parcel from Memphis to Elora,TN take three weeks [and that is a three day priority mail package] but if I pay a dollar more UPS can deliver it the next day. Matter of fact I still one package stuck in a Florida post office since last Summer. I finally had the vendor to just credit me the invoice and made the part in house.
It is true...they are NOT what they used to be!

True story here, I sent / mailed 10 5hp B&S Alky carbs to a guy in FL, I'm in Mo....after a week, USPS said it was delivered. The guy in FL said he never got it. So I had my wife check into this for me....I was too upset because I figured somebody got 10 carbs for free that don't even know what they are! Anyway, turns out the post office put 1 wrong # in the zip code (their fault) and there was the exact same address in the wrong town that the wrong zip code went too. Luckly, the post office in the wrong town saw the wrong zip code for their town and held it there, it was not delivered even so their tracking said it was. Long story short, it finally got delivered to the right guy.....I never used USPS for anything worth much $$$ again....still don't!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Exactly. i usually know my USPS package is screwed if it passes through Coppell, Texas, USPS.
I choose UPS or FedEx when possible. UPS performance around here is exquisite

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
One of parcel from Memphis went back to Memphis 3X. I was lucky it wa only ball bearing so I saved both my vendor and myself headaches by just the original shipment even though I placed a second via UPS as the project was promise out two days later. I had just got through with it when the customer drove up to pick it up.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
One of parcel from Memphis went back to Memphis 3X. I was lucky it wa only ball bearing so I saved both my vendor and myself headaches by just the original shipment even though I placed a second via UPS as the project was promise out two days later. I had just got through with it when the customer drove up to pick it up.
did that with a L head intake manifold, ordered it from parts tree... it got sent off to Utah and that area... USPS had no clue where it was, so PT sent me another one... they both arrived the same day. I asked PT if they wanted one back and they said to keep it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
My USPS deal: I just on 2 / 3/ 22 sent an item back & had tracking on it etc. Well I check the progress on the 5th & it says package was

"Tendered to Returns Agent" & USPS is no longer tracking it.

UNLESS I buy extra tracking for a fee.. WTH ? Calling Post office tomorrow.

Your item is eligible for USPS Tracking Plus™: Extended History. Purchase the extended tracking history for your item to be sent via email upon request. Choose the length of time you would like to extend access to this tracking history and select for purchase. You can only purchase extended history once, so all orders are final and are not eligible for a refund. Based on your tracking number, your regular tracking history is available only until February 4, 2024 without this purchase. You may purchase USPS Tracking Plus™ for only one tracking number at a time.

6 Months
$0.99
1 Year
$1.20
3 Years
$1.50
5 Years
$2.00
7 Years
$3.00
10 Years
$4.20

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sounds like they gave your package off to sub contractor that is probably a local thief. It sorta like the Smart Post system where once out of their hands they can give a F about it. As I said the USPS has been royally screwed up especially since Dejoy got in. I simply can' t trust them with my important packages. I use to do a lot business with the post office but when you can't even get stamps from the local post office why bother. No wonder they are losing business it is their own fault.

I tried finding out about one package by going through local post office. I got my answer but wasn't what I looking for. The carrier called and the number id as a Fox News subscriber so that package had already left this world. The package was never found.

But of course the IRS can't spell my correctly either even though they have my SS# which the SS department still has it spelled correctly for now. I just sent in my tax papers and didn't even bother to send the $549.73 tax payment this year as they still owe me the $3200 plus interest promised by Congress. They probably start hounding me about the payment with mail in the wrong name which they will just get returned. I am have been dealing with the IRS since 1979 and all a sudden under Trump they forget how to spell my name when it comes to paying me. I beginning to think the IRS stand for "Idiot Ran Service".

Lawn Addict
Threads
I read lots of folks are still waiting on last years tax returns. Not me, but that's what I read.

USPS said they handed my returned package off to UPS, & I should have a link on my paper. Which of course it does NOT..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I read lots of folks are still waiting on last years tax returns. Not me, but that's what I read.

USPS said they handed my returned package off to UPS, & I should have a link on my paper. Which of course it does NOT..
And I am one of them. Matter of fact I just about gave up on getting the promised stimulus money. Two years ago when they first approved the money I purchase extra parts for the business. If it weren't for having the money in private reserve here I would have been in trouble. At least with later promises I didn't spend the money before I got it.

When I filed my taxes this I owed over $500 in business taxes but I didn't send the payment. I pulled a Donald Trump.

It is just like the government to promise the moon and then give you half a toothpick to reach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.