Unknown Tecumseh engine model

CzechEnthusiast

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, everyone. I would like to ask you for help to find the engine model, see pictures. Unfortunately the engine is missing the identification plate. The engine is in good shape, except for a completely broken connecting rod, which I would like to replace with a new one.IMG_1102.jpgIMG_1104.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you post the model and serial numbers for the unit? With them we may be able to cross reference to find which engine they used.

CzechEnthusiast

Forum Newbie
Threads
Unfortunately, I don't know more about the engine. I bought it as a "to fix", I would like to install it in my rider, which has been sitting in my garage without an engine for quite some time. So I have no idea where the engine came from, and even after a thorough check I couldn't find any serial number or type anywhere on the engine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Probably an OHV115 engine, but very tough to figure out the spec number.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
you may have to do some Google searches using the name on the stickers you do have and then look on Craigs List and Ebay to see if you find an engine that looks identical to yours. Without a model and serial it may be impossible to know what is in it. I saw one that was a Tecumseh 11.5 Enduro XLC delivery to the UK only. Looking at that rod I would inspect the crank, case, and bore carefully before putting any time or money into it.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sg, it’s a OHV115 and if you read his reply you will realize he hasn’t much more to go on.

CzechEnthusiast

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you gentlemen very much for your help. I found the dimensions of the original connecting rod which should have part number 36925A for OHV 115. I compared these dimensions with the broken part in my engine and it fits (y)36925A.jpg