Turf Tiger Hydro Oil Overflow Problem

Carg0D15c0

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Turf Tiger model STT61V-27KA. This season hydraulic fluid (oil) has been coming out of the cap every time I mow. I have not noticed any issues or anything unusual with steering. It happens about 20 minutes into the mow and is a continuous “bubbling” out of the cap. So far I’ve replaced the cap, changed the oil and filter, and ensured that there was no air in the system. I don’t notice any air when I check the oil after I mow, but the oil is always about 1/2 inch below the full “hole” by the time I’m done. I guess I should also add that no, I’m not over filling. I’m at a loss. I would think a clog would result in steering issues. Thanks for any guidance.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sounds like the oil is over heating. Check and clean the oil cooler for the hydraulic system.

Carg0D15c0

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like the oil is over heating. Check and clean the oil cooler for the hydraulic system.
Thanks. Outside is clean - that’s the only thing I really know how to check on that. I guess I’ll be taking it in, but at least if it’s that it doesn’t seem too expensive. I appreciate your time!

Lawn Addict
Threads
but the oil is always about 1/2 inch below the full “hole” by the time I’m done. I guess I should also add that no, I’m not over filling. I’m at a loss.
Sounds like your machine does not have external reservior contailer shared with both sides, like they used to. Yes ?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
sounds like water in the system

Lawn Addict
Threads
Would Brake-Kleen be good to use to spray clean the hydros ?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Would Brake-Kleen be good to use to spray clean the hydros ?
As long as you are using it to clean the outside. Get the non-chlorinated version.
Simple Green HD is another good choice.

Lawn Addict
Threads
MParr- Yes outside only.. Was concerned about any seals etc.. My HG 2800's do not have the external fluid reserviors, like they used to. But have a sintered type Breather / filter on top of each unit...
As well as fill cap nut & full level bolt hole too.

Getting pretty hot, so making sure all is clean & running as cool as possible.

Last edited: