Tuff torq KTM10LB transaxle noise when accelerating.

sarg13

Threads
  • / Tuff torq KTM10LB transaxle noise when accelerating.
I have a KTM10lb front transaxle in a husqvarna AWD ride on mower that has started to make a gear or spline grinding slippage noise if you accelerate quickly from stationary position in forward or reverse. I have just replaced a deck belt pulley that had a faulty bearing and had disengaged the forward and aft drive units so I could push the mower around in the shed. The noise seems to have appeared since I re engaged the drive units and took the mower on a test run. I have confirmed noise is coming from front drive unit, is there any way the manual disengage mechanism may cause this issue. The arm on the disengage rod is moving all the way back to engage position, and I have jacked up the front to confirm the wheels are being driven, noting no noise is present accelerating when wheels are free to turn with no load, on jacks. Maybe just coincidence, any help on this one would be great before I have to pull the drive unit apart……thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two thread describing the same problem will get confusing. I recommend you delete one.

sarg13

Threads
Once I work out how to delete one……

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Once I work out how to delete one……
Once a thread has been replied to it can only be deleted by a moderator
Some times they do some times they don't.
If you are using a computer then in the bottom left of the plain white section there will be three words in green
Report, Edit, Delete
1) hit "report" and in the pop up write "Double post please delete entire thread "
2) hit "delete " and in the if there are no replies then you will get a pop asking to delete the message or thread .