Tuff Torq in a YTH24V42LS

Smokeeater

Threads
The transmission in this mower isn't engaging was the complaint
- The drive belt is good
- The disengage is in the normal operating position, not transport fully out

So I lifted the back end and with the disengage rod pulled out the wheels turned as they should, when I push in the disengage lever fully to make it operate normally the wheels still spin and sometimes a grinding from the transmission is heard. I'm assuming the transmission is done?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do not assume done, I would be on the phone with Tuff Torque Tech Support with all information from sticker at backside of transaxle in the A.M.
Thanks Smokeeater just thought I'd post above in case he's interested & it's correct transaxle.

Last edited:

Smokeeater

Threads
Do not assume done, I would be on the phone with Tuff Torque Tech Support with all information from sticker at backside of transaxle in the A.M.
Thanks Mark
It's a customer of mine and he's not the first owner. He got this with the house he bought. As well we are in Canada and I thought I saw a Husq recall on this mower with a transmission issue but that was a US document. I'm probably just going to give it back to him so he can follow up if he wants to, but I'm thinking cause hes not original purchaser they won't do anything.

I just want to get another opinion before I let him know