TT2 diesel or gas?

OBX Wash

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm buying a 72" TT2. Anyone have experience with the diesels? If gas which engine do you suggest? Thanks!

OBX Wash

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is mower for Commercial or residential use? My nieces husband & his dad have 12 Kubotas ZTRs, all diesels, used on commercial & residential properties.
Residential but it's 10+ acres with some hills and thick grass. I can get a better deal on the Scags than the Kubotas so I've decided to go with the TT2. Just wanted to know if anyone has experience with the Kubota engine on the Scag.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Who makes the engine?

It looks like it's a Kubota engine. They're virtually bulletproof. They're loud when warming up and like any diesel, maintenance is minimal. All they need is regular oil & filter changes and the fuel and air filters changed. The only thing I recommend, if it doesn't come with one, is a restriction indicator so you'll know when to replace the air filter. Changing the fuel filter can be a problem if you don't do it right.

Last edited:

OBX Wash

Forum Newbie
Threads
Who makes the engine?

It looks like it's a Kubota engine. They're virtually bulletproof. They're loud when warming up and like any diesel, maintenance is minimal. All they need is regular oil & filter changes and the fuel and air filters changed. The only thing I recommend, if it doesn't come with one, is a restriction indicator so you'll know when to replace the air filter. Changing the fuel filter can be a problem if you don't do it right.
Thanks! I have 3 diesel Kubota tractors and they are great! No issues. Do you know anyone that has had experience with the 72" Scag deck using the Kubota engine? Was wondering how it's performance compares with the 37hp Vanguard?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know a person who has the 72" Vanguard combination. He seems very happy with it but is only mowing three acres with it. I would imagine the payoff for buying the Kubota-powered version would show up in reduced fuel and maintenance costs.

If you already have three tractors, have you considered getting a rear or belly mount mower for one of them?

Dwellonroof

Threads
I have an older STT with a 28hp cat diesel that I really like. I purchased the diesel because I have a John Deere compact tractor and a couple transfer tanks and I have no need for much gasoline.