Ts 700 bogging

johnsplosion

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Stihl TS 700 concrete saw in the shop. It came in after being ran without mixed gas, ie; blown up. I put a top end on it (piston, rings, new cylinder) and it it bogs down on the high jet. I did a leak down test and saw the second lever and crank seals were leaking so replaced those and it’s now air tight. It still bugs down and won’t hit the power and. It also sprays a fair amount of fuel back out of the carb and soaks the air filter. Starts and uses just fine. I have replaced nearly every part on this saw and nothing seems to fix the issue. Any advice or tips would be great. Cheers

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
most two stroke use ports on the cylinders as intake and exhaust. The fuel spraying back out the intake would imply that something is going on with the exhaust port, Also excessive blowby into the crankcase might cause blowback in a 2-stroke. So would a plugged or partially plugged exhaust. If the model has a catalytic, it might have melted.

check part #24 in the parts diagram - exhaust screen. Also make sure the reed is working correctly. Also make sure the high speed mixture screw is properly adjusted.

Last edited:

johnsplosion

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey thanks for the reply, I already took the exhaust screen off.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I made the mistake of taking in 2 concrete saws
One was strait forward new rings new seals & new carb and out the door it went although it was a big job, the customer was happy as he told me that no shop would even quote on it unless they sold the saw in the first place .
The other I have given up on and the owner of that y told me the same story with the addition that the shop who sold it told him it was not repairable after 3 minutes
He thought that they just did not want to fix it & tried to sell him a new one .
I have never got it to run properly .
Everynow & then I have a shot because I have put $ 430 worth of parts into it but never managed to get it reliable enough to go back to work so it sits around & stubs my toes every now & then.