Trying to find a manual for this old Snapper riding mower

abirnbau

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Trying to find a manual for this old Snapper riding mower
My wife and I inherited this riding mower when we bought our retirement home. I read the model number as being YT1204148. Of course, my old eyes might be deceiving me. It has a Briggs and Stratton Opposed Twin 12.5 HP engine. When I put in the model number at the Snapper site to get a parts and owners manuals, Snapper doesn't recognize the model. I've attached pics of the Snapper model and serial numbers, the B&S model numbers, and the riding mower itself. Anyone have a better model number I can use to get manuals?

The previous house owner said it was fully functional and it looks well taken care of. It doesn't start but I think it's just the battery from sitting for 9 months.

Thanks!

Attachments

• rsz_img_5079_2.jpg
    rsz_img_5079_2.jpg
    723.6 KB · Views: 12
  • rsz_img_5083_3.jpg
    rsz_img_5083_3.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 13
  • rsz_img_5081.jpg
    rsz_img_5081.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 11

Mow Joe

Threads
I think the # is YT12 "D" 414 "B"

abirnbau

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think the # is YT12 "D" 414 "B"
Thanks, that was it! Interestingly, Snapper doesn't show any manuals for that model that I can find. Or if they do, it's buried in a long list of other manuals. But the model number did get severy hits elsewhere on internet. I'll call Snapper tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks again!

upupandaway

Threads
Just curious, what is bad that you need parts? If it is engine part then u can stop hunting for a manual and the engine model info is enough.