Trying to decide between mowers, please help

Oscar_Overalls

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello folks, I’m new here and I’m fixing to invest in a ZTR in next couple weeks or so and I’m torn between a couple makes/models and wanted pros, cons, and advice. I originally wanted a Dixie Chopper but have been looking at a couple others also. I’m mowing around 5 acres around my house with minimal trees. Right now I’m really liking the Ferris ISX800 with the B&S commercial 27hp and 61” deck for $9045 or a Spartan RZ-HD with Kawi FR730V with 61” deck and upgraded 3” adjustable seat for $7900. I drove the Ferris and it seems pretty darn nice…to the point of pretty much writing off the Dixie Chopper Blackhawk HP I originally wanted that was $9602. I have not yet tested the Spartan but plan too this weekend, but have heard pretty good stuff about them. Just not sure the $1145 extra for the Ferris is worth it. What’s everyone’s thoughts on these mowers and the engines they come with. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Spartan has just been bought out by one of the big players ( Toro I think ) so grab one now while you can because if the brand remains, the quality & innovation will cease and they will become the same mower as the owner supplies painted a different colour .
I am surprised Spartan lasted as long as they did .
I think the majors were waiting for them to go bust .

bkeller500

Threads
Ferris has some impressive offerings. I have a Simplicity Courier XT which is a copy of the Ferris 500S ( Briggs and Stratton own Simplicity, Ferris and Snapper). I only have 1.3 acres to mow and the XT is more than adequate and has a lot of commercial features at a lower cost and the Simplicity deck with the striping roller. No regrets so far!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum!
I'm going to move this thread over to our buying and pricing section.